But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18
As we minister to the children that God has placed under our care, we seek to guide them to an understanding of the glory and majesty of God as seen in His perfect character and as revealed in His Son, Jesus Christ. Recognizing that God has given parents the primary responsibility for the spiritual instruction and discipline of children, we intend to partner with families in the process of teaching and training children in hope that they will one day, "...put their confidence in God..." (Psalm 78:7).
We use The Gospel Project® for Kids curriculum from Lifeway. The Gospel Project® for Kids immerses kids and preschoolers in the gospel through every story, theological concept, and call to mission from Genesis to Revelation. Ultimately, the gospel message changes everything; heart transformation can only take place when a child experiences the gospel. Through The Gospel Project® for Kids, kids and preschoolers will understand the Bible is not just a collection of stories, but one unified story—God’s story of redemption.
Winter Special Curriculum
Usually held for eight weeks in February and March, the winter ‘special’ reinforces application of important scriptural themes through instruction, activities, room decorations, and reenactments of important events through dramas and individuals playing character roles. Both the children and adults wear period costumes to enhance the topic and rotate each week among the theme-centered rooms for instruction and activities. With a different staff of 40 to 60 volunteers, including the drama team, the "special" also provides a break for the regular Sunday School teachers. The five specials rotate annually and include:
- Following Jesus through Holy Week: reinforces what the children are learning about who Jesus is and the purpose of His incarnation.
- Pilgrim’s Progress: adapted from John Bunyan’s book of the same name (first published in 1678).
- The Incredible Journey and the Building of the Tabernacle: adapted from
- “BC 1440: Build a Holy Place . . .and I will dwell among you.” (Exodus 25:8)
- Sailing With Paul: follows the evangelistic journeys of the apostle. The children learn about the people Paul encountered and events that occurred.
- Journey to Freedom (Our Nation’s Spiritual Heritage): adapted from The Light and the Glory, by Peter Marshall and David Manuel, and focuses on the Christian foundation of the formation of our country.
The children are dismissed to class at approximately 10:15am, just prior to the teaching portion of the Sunday morning service. From 10:15am to approximately 11:15am, the children participate in music worship, Bible study, crafts and activities, and Bible memory verses. Classes are separated by grade, and if necessary, are divided further for smaller class sizes.
Zionsville Fellowship utilizes KidCheck secure check-in system. All K-5 volunteers are background checked through Safe Hiring Solutions of Indiana.
NEW TO ZF? CLICK HERE TO PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD
Classroom Locations Beginning April 18, 2021
Kindergarten - Room 502
First grade - Room 501
Second grade - Room 403 CLICK HERE FOR MAP
Third grade - Room 503
Fourth grade - Room 404
Fifth grade - Room 407
Children's Ministry Leadership
|Rachel Donahue||Angie Kolman|