Middle school ministry for grades 6-8
Just prior to the teaching portion of our Sunday service, students in grades 6-8 are dismissed to gather in the Youth Wing for food, fellowship, and Bible teaching. We teach a three-year rotating curriculum that includes:
- Creation & The Fall: We study the origin of the earth and students construct the Perfect City to creatively simulate the Fall of mankind.
- Revelation and What's the Difference: We study the essentials of Christian faith and explain the differences between other world religions. Then we recreate elements of the Second Coming and study the book of Revelation.
- Seven Checkpoints & Apologetics: Checkpoints include Authentic Faith, Spiritual Disciplines, Moral Boundaries, Healthy Friendships, Wise Choices, Ultimate Authority, and Putting Others First. Then we learn to answer the tough questions and get prepared to give the reason for the hope that we have.
SET APART MINI RETREAT | MAY 2023
We invite all 8th, 9th, and 10th graders to a mini-retreat to be held on a Saturday in May from 4:15 pm to 10:45 pm.
- Pursuing God's truth of Biblical sexuality, past, present and future.
- Re-thinking the world's accepted "sexual norm"
- Sharing your Christian world-view to friends
8th Grade Leadership Retreat
This fun weekend is for incoming 8th grade students. It's an opportunity to come together in order to deepen leadership skills through discussions, you will be motivated to lead and serve others while developing good character and strong friendships so that you can be leaders among your peers.
In mid-June each year, we travel to Santa Claus, Indiana and camp two nights at Lake Rudolph Campground. Saturday, we spend the day at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari water park. In the evenings, we spend time bonding as a class, have discussions and games. If you are an incoming 8th grader and have a desire to grow closer to your classmates and to God, we would love to have you join us.
MIDDLE SCHOOL OVERNIGHT & PANCAKE BREAKFAST | AUGUST 6-7
Every year, our middle school students gather for an overnighter followed by a pancake breakfast. This fun event has become a tradition at Zionsville Fellowship that involves tent camping, and a night of fun, games, and just hanging out by the bonfire.
Soon after a new 6th grader (or a 7th or 8th grader new to the church) enters Middle School, they are assigned a secret prayer partner who will pray especially for them during their middle school years. The students are encouraged to write letters/prayer requests regularly to their prayer partner. At the end of the student’s 8th grade year, they meet their prayer partner face to face for the first time, which usually takes place during a reveal following the pancake breakfast.
This event signals a fond farewell to the 8th graders and welcomes incoming 6th graders and is held each August, just before school begins. For more information, email Pam Basch or call or text her at 317-809-2262.
MIDDLE SCHOOL WINTER RETREAT 2023
Each year students take a winter retreat (on a three-year rotation) to: The Creation Museum & Perfect North, The Brigade held at Camp Tecumseh, and Springhill in Evart, Michigan. If you have questions or for more information, email Pam Basch or call or text her at 317-809-2262.